FY24 SNAP Outreach Grant Program
Are you a Community Based Organization designated by the MD DHS to assist residents with SNAP benefits? You may be eligible to apply for the FY24 SNAP Outreach Grant Program.
Applicants must be a Maryland-based organization, formally designated by the Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS) as a “Community Based Organization” as an authorized organization to assist residents with applying for SNAP benefits.
Before applying, please verify that your organization is formally designated by DHS: https://dhs.maryland.gov/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program/snap-outreach-program/snap-outreach-community-based-organizations/
The Office of Food Systems Resilience (OFSR), in partnership with the Office of Grants Management (OGM), is soliciting grant applications for the County’s FY 2024 SNAP Outreach Program from qualified state-designated community-based organizations (CBOs) to conduct Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) outreach and application and enrollment assistance to Montgomery County families with children ages zero (0) to five (5). $200,000 in total grant funding is available for innovative approaches to reach Montgomery County families that are eligible, but not yet enrolled in SNAP. Eligible activities for funding include, but are not limited to:
- Training on SNAP eligibility and enrollment processes to community partners;
- Information resource creation (including informational materials for digital distribution or hard copy materials);
- Direct outreach to residents; and
- Support of SNAP and nutrition assistance applications that are new, in progress, or in process of recertification.
Funding may be awarded to new initiatives or to existing projects that could be expanded to address the priorities of this program. FY24 SNAP Outreach Grants applicants may request funding between $20,000 and $100,000. The performance period of these grant awards will be from on or about March 15, 2024 to March 15, 2025.
Key Program Dates:
- Program Opens for Applications: Friday, January 26, 2024
- MS Teams Live Online Grant Program Information Session: Wednesday, February 7th from 1:00-2:00 PM
- Submission Deadline: EXTENDED to Monday, February 26, 2024 at 11:59 PM
Key Program Resources:
- To learn more about the program eligibility, application questions and scoring criteria: FY24 SNAP Outreach Grant Program Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Document
- Click to join the Information Session OR for an event recording
Applications that are incomplete, do not meet legal requirements, or are submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
Applicants requiring an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodation should contact the Office of Grants Management to discuss alternative submission options. For alternate ADA submission options please contact the Office of Grants Management using the contact information below:
Ali Hoy, OGM Program Manager II
For any technical questions related to the application, please contact the OFSR using the contact information below:
Catherine Nardi, OFSR Program Manager
In addition to submitting this application, organizations should also do the following:
- Register and create a profile on this platform for each team member who will be working on your application. Click on the green "Register" button in the top right corner to get started.
- Verify that your organization is registered with the Maryland State Department of Assessment and Taxation (SDAT). Click here to go to the SDAT Business Express site to confirm. Even if your organization is registered in another jurisdiction, you must be registered with SDAT for Montgomery County to finalize an award with your organization.
- If your organization is not in Good Standing with SDAT, take the necessary steps to get back into Good Standing. SDAT will advise what steps are required. Montgomery County cannot finalize an award with you or organization if you are not in Good Standing. Your application for a grant could be disqualified if you are not in Good Standing.
- Register with the Montgomery County Central Vendor Registration System (CVRS) by clicking here. If you or your organization receives an award from the County then you will need to be registered with CVRS to receive payments.
Questions about the application process can be directed to Ali Hoy, Outgoing Grants Program Manager of the Office of Grants Management, by calling 240-773-3384 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.