Currently Open Montgomery County Grants Programs
Montgomery County Government has one open grant program, targeted at nonprofit organizations at this time.
- Apply for the FY24 Enhanced Mobility Grants Program by clicking here or using the program link below. Application deadline is Monday, January 8, 2024, at 11:59 PM.
- Register and create a profile on this platform to receive notifications about upcoming grant programs. Click on the green "Register" button in the top right corner to get started.
For-profit business Grant Programs are administered by the Montgomery County Business Center. Information on County for-profit business grants and eligibility can be found by visiting http://Montgomerycountymd.gov/business or by emailing email@example.com.
Please check this site weekly to see if any new grant programs have been posted.
Applicant Training Notice: OGM provided a series of trainings specific to each Application Task, focused on detailed explanations of the Task, optional templates, and past Review Committee feedback on what they felt was useful.
- Applicant Information and Applicant Background Reusable Tasks - Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM. Click here to view slides from the Information Session.
- Project Strategy and Project Work Plan/Timeline Tasks - Wednesday, July 12, 2023, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM. Click here to view slides from the Information Session.
- Project Budget, Project Budget Narrative/Justification, and Project Staffing Plan Tasks - Friday, July 14, 2023, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM. Click here to view slides from the Information Session.
- Performance Plan and Performance History Task - Friday, July 14, 2023, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM. Click here to view slides from the Information Session.
FY24 CC Approved Community Grants Bridge Fund Awards
Please click here to download the full list of FY24 Community Grants NDA Bridge Fund awardees and award amounts. The FY24 County Council (CC) Approved Operating Budget includes Bridge Funds for up to six months for programs that meet the following criteria:
- Received FY23 funding from within the Community Grant NDA;
- Did not shift into department base budgets in FY24;
- And have their FY23 contract expire before December 31, 2023.
The Office of Grants Management held an online Information Session on Friday, May 26 at 10:00 AM for FY24 CC Approved Community Grants NDA Bridge Funds award winners to go over next steps in processing these awards.
- Click here to view Friday, May 26 10:00 Information Session the recording of the event.
- Click here to download the slide deck from the Information Session. All errors identified during the presentation have been corrected in red letters.
Nonprofit Grants Reform Survey
The Office of Grants Management (OGM) thanks the County's nonprofit community for their participation in the Community Grants and Grants Management Reform Survey with over 200 organizations submitting responses. Any organization that missed the deadline is welcome to submit a response by emailing an MS Word version to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the survey questions in MS Word format can be found by clicking here.
General Grant Information
Individual Montgomery County competitive grants programs hosted on this site are listed at the bottom of this page. Click on the green "More >" button within each program to open it and view its scope details, eligibility requirements, and deadline for application submissions.
All new County competitive grant programs will be advertised and have their details posted on this site.
To prepare for a County grant proposal submission, applicants should:
- Register and create a profile on this platform for each team member who will be working on your application. Click on the green "Register" button in the top right corner to get started.
- Verify that your organization is registered with the Maryland State Department of Assessment and Taxation (SDAT). Click here to go to the SDAT Business Express site to confirm. Even if your organization is registered in another jurisdiction, you must be registered with SDAT for Montgomery County to finalize an award with your organization.
- If your organization is not in Good Standing with SDAT, take the necessary steps to get back into Good Standing. SDAT will advise what steps are required. Montgomery County cannot finalize an award with you or organization if you are not in Good Standing. Your application for a grant could be disqualified if you are not in Good Standing.
- Register with the Montgomery County Central Vendor Registration System (CVRS) by clicking here . If you or your organization receives an award from the County then you will need to be registered with CVRS to receive payments.
If you have any questions on the Office of Grants Management or this platform, please contact Ali Hoy, Outgoing Grants Program Manager of the Office of Grants Management, by calling 240-773-3384 or emailing email@example.com.